- Navigate to Appearance > Widgets in your WordPress admin panel.
- Drag the widgets to the desired widget area.
CATEGORIES TOP WIDGET AREA
In the Categories Top widget area, add the Categories, Archive, and Search widgets.
They will automatically appear in three columns, and be sure to open each widget and select “Display as Dropdown” then save.
CATEGORIES BOTTOM WIDGET AREA
Use the Midnight-Featured Posts widget to display your recent posts by category.
Add a new widget for each category that you want to display. This index will support up to 100 posts for each category. Example for 4 columns:
- Write your title
- Grid Columns: One fourth
- Grid Columns: All categories ( You can choose a category)
- Number of Posts to Show: 4
- Image Size: Home Bottom-4 columns (363×265)
- Show Post Title: Yes
- Content type: No content
- Be sure to click the “Save” button to preserve your changes.
For 3 columns change the grid columns to one third, the number of posts to a multiple of 3, the image size to “Home Bottom-3 Columns” and save.
Do the same for any number of columns you’d like to display.